The 16th International Symposium on Origin of Matter and Evolution of Galaxies
25-28 October 2022
La Thanh Hotel, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 28 October 2022: Symposium Photos posted here
- 28 October 2022: Detailed instruction on how to upload your presentation slides posted here
- 26 October 2022: Scientific program updated. Slight changes in the Thursday - Session 1 and Thursday - Session 4 have been made due to the availabilty of an online speaker.
- 25 October 2022: Scientific program updated. Slight changes in the Tuesday - Session 3 and Wenesday - Session 4 have been made due to the availabilty of an online speaker.
- 25 October 2022: The Symposium hall is located on the 2nd Floor of the D building, La Thanh Hotel. Main gate: 226 Van Phuc, Ba Dinh. Second gate: 218 Doi Can, Ba Dinh.
- 24 October 2022: If you have any inquire, please do not hesitate to contact our secretariats via the email: email@example.com or the hotline: (+84)389677899 (Dr. Pham Ngoc Diep) or (+84)902289181 (Dr. Le Xuan Chung)
- 24 October 2022: An event reminder message including the Online Zoom Link sent to the registered participants. Online speakers will have 10 minutes before each session to test the connection.
- 23 October 2022: Scientific Program updated.
- 21 October 2022: An online Zoom Link is available here (only visible for registered participants).
- 13 October 2022: Tentative Program is now available.
- 20 September 2022: Pre-arrival information including accommondation info updated.
- 19 September 2022: Invitation letters sent to Oral/Poster presenters. A Program/Timetable is being prepared.
- 17 September 2022: Final circular released.
- 1 August 2022: Abstract submisssion deadline extended to 20 August 2022. Third circular and Poster updated.
We are pleased to announce that the 16th International Symposium on Origin of Matter and Evolution of Galaxies (OMEG16), which will be held at the Institute of Physics, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, 10 Dao Tan, Ba Dinh, Ha Noi, Viet Nam. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, OMEG16 has been rescheduled to 25 - 28 October 2022. The symposium will be organized in hybrid mode, on-site and online.
OMEG16 belongs to a series of biannual symposium started in 1988, bringing together researchers and students from interdisciplinary fields of nuclear physics, particle physics, astronomy, astrophysics, earth and planetary physics to address and discuss various questions on the origin of matter and evolution of universe.
Following the success of previous OMEG symposiums, of which recently helded in Beijing, China (2015), Daejeon, Korea (2017) and Kyoto, Japan (2019), OMEG16 will facilitate stimulus exchange through a scientific program that cover most recent experimental and theoretical advances in the following topics:
- Big Bang Cosmology and Primordial Nucleosynthesis
- First Generation Stars and Galactic Chemical Evolution
- Astronomical Observations with Light, X-Ray, Gamma-Ray, and Cosmic-Ray
- Stellar Evolutions and Hydrostatic Burning Processes
- Nuclear Matter and Neutron Stars
- Explosive Stellar Objects and Nuclear Physics
- Meteorite Analysis and Isotopic Abundance
- Theoretical Nuclear Physics for Astrophysics
- Experimental Nuclear Physics for Astrophysics
- Nuclear Data for Astrophysics and Related Topics
- Underground Nuclear Astrophysics
- Next generation RI Beam Facilities for Nuclear Astrophysics
Registration open: 15 April 2022
Abstract submission open: 15 April 2022
Abstract submission deadline: 20 August 2022
Symposium date: 25-28 October 2022
2nd Floor, D building, La Thanh Hotel
Main gate: 226 Van Phuc, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam
Second gate: 218 Doi Can, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, VietnamGo to map
Circulars / Poster
- In-person participant: 150 USD
- Student (in-person): 50 USD
- Online participant: 30 USD
Conference fee for on-site participants should be paid at the conference venue in cash. Payment method for online participants is posted here.
- All accepted papers will be published in Communications in Physics (ISSN 0886–3166, founded by the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology).
- The journal has been published quarterly in English since 1991 on new results of theoretical and experimental research works in all fields of physics.
- A two-day school just before the symposium (October 23 - October 24) will be organized by the LOC of OMEG16 in collaboration with lecturers from VNU University of Science, Vietnam National University, Hanoi. The school will provide students with introductory courses on nuclear astrophysics.
- The tentative schedule and registration are detailed on the INDICO website for the OMEG school at: https://indico.maygiatoc.com/e/omeg16school
Host and Sponsors
- Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- Institute of Physics, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- International Center of Physics, Vietnam
- Center for Nuclear Study (CNS), University of Tokyo
- Falculty of Physics, VNU University of Science, Vietnam National University, Hanoi
- Research Center for Nuclear Study, Osaka University
- Vietnam Physical Society (VPS)
- Asian Nuclear Physics Association (ANPhA)
- Duy Tan University
- The Joint Institute for Nuclear Research